Things to Do While You Wait for Your Child at Practice or in the Carpool Line
You spend a lot of time behind the wheel, shuttling your child between school, lessons, play dates, and a host of other activities. You also spend a lot of time in your car, waiting to pick up your child from practice or in the carpool line, among myriad other settings from which you often retrieve your child. In your busy day, when you have more to do than time in which to do it, this large amount of wait time may seem like a waste of time, lost productivity. Here are some ways to be productive while waiting to pick up your child . . . and some of these do not even require use of your electronic device!
- Call, text, e-mail, or instant message people to communicate the things you need to communicate. Schedule appointments, plan activities, clarify understandings, etc.
- Video-teleconference with a family member, friend, or colleague with whom you have been meaning to keep in touch.
- Catch up on your backlog of e-mails, with your friends on social media, etc.
- Check the weather forecast in preparation for your weekend plans.
- Read the book that your book club is reading.
- Read the news.
- Research an issue that is important to you.
- Search for the location of the restaurant at which you and your family will dine this evening and then chart the driving course to that restaurant.
- Write a to-do list or grocery list.
- Pay bills.
- Write a note in a greeting card and prepare it for mailing.
- Watch a how-to video on YouTube.com and learn how to crochet, tat, cross stitch, etc. Make a Christmas or birthday gift for someone.
- Watch a how-to video on office chair exercises and exercise while seated in your car.
- Clean and organize your car, glove compartment, purse, briefcase, etc.
- Paint your nails or apply cosmetics.
- Pray, meditate, do deep breathing exercises, daydream, or simply spend time in quiet contemplation.
Your wait time is a vast and untapped resource of potentially productive time. The list above is representative only; the number of tasks you can perform during your wait time is many, varied, and tailored to your unique needs and wants.
For more useful tips; continue to visit Nannies4hire.com.