Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve Parties
You want to have a family-friendly New Year’s Eve party for your friends and their families? Here are some tips to help you plan a fabulous party for all ages.
- 1. Choose a theme that will appeal to people young and mature. For example, you may choose a Hawaiian themed new year’s eve party.
- 2. Choose a location that suits the theme. For example, you may rent a local indoor swimming pool (i.e., the YMCA, YWCA, a hotel with such a pool, etc.).
- 3. Distribute invitations on theme. Brightly floral invitations, beach invitations, or invitations depicting sandals may be appropriate for the Hawaiian theme.
- 4. Decorate heavily on theme. Put grass skirts on serving tables. Strew plastic hibiscus around serving dishes. Make a garland of hibiscus and faux tropical greenery and wrap around banisters, doorways, etc. Create or purchase Hawaiian-themed signage (i.e., “Happy 2012!” or “Aloha 2012!”) You can even rent a rock wall featuring a waterfall.
- 5. Offer theme-based party games and activities. For example, in addition to swimming, have available a limbo stick with limbo music, a sauna, a whirlpool, and a treasure hunt for shipwreck treasure (i.e., faux jewels, etc.).
- 6. Dress in theme. Wear a muumuu. Wear a lei or two. Ask guests to dress in theme. Give guests leis as they arrive.
- 7. Serve theme-based foods. Roast a pig. Offer seafood. Serve pineapple and other fresh tropical fruits. Offer Hawaiian punch or other fruit punch. Oh, and don’t forget to leave some whole tropical produce (i.e., pineapples, coconuts, etc.) out for décor. You can also use whole (or nearly whole) produce as functional items as well. A hollowed-out pineapple with a oval hole cut in a facing side can be a wonderful votive candle holder. Half coconuts can be perfect snack bowls. If you are artistic or can hire someone who is, you can even have tropical produce sculpted into festive décor.)
- 8. Have themed party favors. Depending on your budget, you can give each guest a Hawaiian beach towel (useful for those who choose to swim), Hawaiian party horns and noise-makers, etc.
- 9. Play themed music softly in the background throughout your party.
- 10. Offer plenty of comfortable, themed seating arranged into small conversational groupings. No matter what activities you offer, some of the best activities center around excellent conversations. Beach chairs and chaise lounges are excellent choices for seating. If you only have access to traditional seating, purchase Hawaiian-themed fabric and use the fabric as furniture covers.
By following these tips, you can host a lovely New Year’s Eve party that will appeal to people of all ages.
For more useful tips; continue to visit Nannies4hire.com.