National Nanny Recognition Week September 19-25th
National Nanny Recognition Week is September 19-25th, and is a great time to acknowledge your nanny for all she (or he) does for your family. During this week, families are encouraged to focus on the positive aspects of the nanny profession, including the important role nannies play in families’ lives, and the wonderful contribution they make in the lives of the children they care for.
Parents can recognize their nannies in a number of ways, including:
- Write a heartfelt note about how much they mean to your family, how much you trust and appreciate them and how much your kids love them.
- Have your kids draw them a picture, write them a note or make them a gift.
- Invite them to join you for a special celebratory family dinner.
- Give them a gift certificate for a manicure or other spa treatment and encourage them to relax.
- Give them a gift certificate to a favorite bookstore or restaurant.
- Put together a basket of their favorite treats – coffee, tea, chocolate, fancy jams, a new book, a journal, etc.
- Send them flowers with a sweet note attached.
- Take them out for a special breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Give them a financial bonus if you are able to do so.
- Thank them sincerely for all that they do for your family.
There are many ways to show your appreciation. What have you done to show your gratitude to your nanny?